Internal links need to set tabindex=-1 for compatibilty with Internet Explorer.
Best Practice Type: Pass/Check
- The target of internal links need to include a tabindex attribute with the value set to ”-1”. This is required for Internet Explorer to move keyboard focus when the internal link is activated.
- For Internet Explorer to move focus to internal links, the destination of the link needs to have a tabnindex value of -1
Associated Accessibility Guidelines and Standards
|IITAA||9.1 Ensure that links are understandable out of context.||Required||Violation|
|Section 508||1194.22 (o) A method shall be provided that permits users to skip repetitive navigation links.||Required||Violation|
|WCAG 2.0||2.4.1 Bypass Blocks||Required||Violation|
|2.4.3 Focus Order||Required||Violation|
- Testing links using Fangs
- Using WAVE to Test Accessibility of Links
- Testing for Links using the Functional Accessibility Evaluator
- Testing Links Using WAVE Toolbar