Adobe PDF documents that contain forms must properlylabel forms
Benefits to People with Disabilities
- Screen users cannot fill out PDF documents with forms unless the form control labels and tab order are defined
Benefits to Everyone
- Correct tab order can make it much easier for touch typists to fill out a PDF form
Related Accessibility Requirements
- § 1194.22.n When electronic forms are designed to be completed on-line, the form shall allow people using assistive technology to access the information, field elements, and functionality required for completion and submission of the form, including all directions and cues.
Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Standards
- 10.1 Provide labels or titles for all form fields.
- 10.3 Ensure that form fields are in a logical tab order.